17 years ago
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Hidden Hollow Elementary
I am putting my efforts into 13 children ages 3rd-5th grade in the special needs program at Hidden Hollow Elementary. I left Rise on Thursday 8/17 and started at the elementary Friday 8/18. I was so overwhelmed! I wasn't sure how I was going to relate to the children and be a part of their lives. I felt so confident and successful with my work at Rise that difficult to feel like you didn't know anything. I miss all my Peep's at Rise everyday. Every morning on my way into work is when I think of them all the most. It was the best work I have ever done. I loved making a difference to everyone I met. I really feel like I am starting to have a relationship with these children. I am so excited for the challenge and opportunities that await. We have a class store that we accept donations for. The children earn money during the week for homework and following class rules. I am in charge of Poetry Corner and three 30 minute activities during the week. It has been fun so far. I really can see that we could use some helping hands with materials like file folder games, flash cards, easy reading books and much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment